Thursday 14 June 2012

Aztec



Whilst my father is selling my house, i thought i needed something to distract myself! so heres my few tips on Aztec style nails... ( i would have done a tutorial but i was too impatient)








These little gems are all over the catwalk, and look great in nude or neons. If your not up for the challenge of doing it freehand (i'm left handed so doing my left hand was tricky!) there are wraps available...





But then you loose all the fun...


So here is my interpretation



(ignore the plaster and dodgy lighting)


Now heres a step by step breakdown of how i did it:



  1. Painted on a yellow base (i used Barry M)
  2. I chose 2 clashing colours - Neon red and blue
  3. I painted various stripes on each nail
  4. Using my Sally Hansen nail pens in blue and black, i dotted, triangled and striped each nail variously
  5. Waited for the nail to dry completely and THEN applied a topcoat so the designs didnt run
And thats it! pretty simple, and its good for people who want to get a little adventurous with your nails.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment